Saturday, February 8, 2014

Written February 2, 2014 but somehow this did not get posted properly.

Friday and Saturday of this week just ending proved to be very informative and inspiring!  I  experienced Tena Crews or U of SC. She was a dynamic keynote speaker on Friday evening. She opened the 1st Digital Conference at the University of Georgia.

Dr, Lloyd Rieber spoke on his first MOOC  -  Statistics in Education for Mere Mortals. His presentation left me wanting to take his course;  I have taken several stat courses in my time but I think there is much I can learn from his class.

On Saturday I met and devoured the lively and knowledgeable Cat Flippen. She was entertaining and left me wanting to put more and better uses of technology into my classroom. She wore her Google glass and talked about daring to try, taking moon shots and so much more. She is a Twitter user in the biggest sense of the word and had the entire audience Tweeting and learning to employ Twitter as a learning tool. She was tireless in her 4 presentations and early morning keynote.  Don't be afraid to fail up!

Dr. Gary Shattuck discussed and challenged his session to bring our classrooms into the 21st Century and all that school leaders can do to assist the teachers in their buildings.

Rick Willard discussed and exposed his session to flip the classroom. There are many apps which were introduced to assist us and make learning the responsibility of the students. His presentation showed the apps with the intent of helping us to engage our students.

When the conference was over a large group of us and our guest, Cat Flippen, enjoyed a meal together and shared some more fun and learning. I wish all of you could have been there. I encourage you to improve you usage of technology and engage you students is learning in the modern world.

No comments:

Post a Comment