Wednesday, January 29, 2014

This was an interesting and disappointing venture for me.  I located the LoTi Survey at lotilounge.com, signed up, and took the survey.  After answering the 38 questions I have been determined to give High Priority to Student Learning and Creativity, Medium Priority to Professional Growth and Leadership, and Low Priority to Digital Age Work and Learning and Learning Experiences and Assessment.  The overall LoTi Level was 2!  I was shocked.  I thought I would be at least a 3, but now for the soul searching.

I must admit that in past years I have done more with technology than I am doing this year.  Many of my current student say that they do not have a device which they can bring to school to use as internet access.  I am beginning to see more smartphones since the holiday season so I must investigate this again.  In previous years my students have all or nearly all had their own devices.  So there's that obstacle to over come and I have not been diligent in moving students to the computers (2 only in my classroom.  I frequently hand over my laptop and iPad, but that only makes 4 devices.  Sitting here I am considering why I am not using these for small group activities.  This would make sense!  I can do better on this.

I also need to get into advanced planning mode and sign up for the computer lab, the laptop cart, or the iPad cart more often.  These students need to be comfortable, but they do seem complacent, and I have let them be so.  I must redirect my thinking on this too!

HUMMMMM....seems that the problem could be ME not the students.

I think that my flipped classroom in social studies will boost my score for the short term, but the changes in me must be lasting changes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey LJ! Just came across this article on Twitter about questions to think about when flipping your classroom. I didn't think you had a Twitter account, so I thought you may see it here! https://blogs.svvsd.org/instructionaltechnology/odds-n-ends/flipping-your-classroom-making-the-most-of-media/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily! Twitter is @primefactors-Lj

    ReplyDelete