Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Projects to do with my students

I am been working on the two online certificates for 3 semesters and love the things I have been studying.  Integrating technology in a more meaningful way is so exciting for my students.  During the past couple of years I have heard some random chatter about flipping a classroom.  I thought someone might come into my room and turn the desks upside down and scatter all my belongings!  But, low and behold, I have discovered that flipping the classroom is a wonderful way to increase student engagement and cause the students to accept additional responsibility for their learning.

The major project for this course is to use technology in a new way and to create an online environment - a class - which can be taught!  With my awakening to the idea of students accepting more responsibility for their learning (I firmly believe in this!) I have decided to use my current 7th grade social studies class, select a portion of the curriculum, and develop the materials required to flip the classroom.  I also plan to use this material with my students. 

Stay tuned as I work toward this goal!

Lj

No comments:

Post a Comment